CBD Benefits for Dogs
Anecdotal success stories about Cannabidiol (CBD) are growing. Now scientists, veterinarians and others are studying why CBD works for animals. Here are ten benefits of CBD you might not know about.
- CBD can help with pain. CBD has become a popular form of treatment for pain management in human and dogs alike. One reason CBD for pain has become so incredibly popular is because of the fact that it has no distinguishable side-effects or negative interactions with other medications.
- CBD can help with nausea. The feeling of nausea is controlled by a network of cannabinoid receptors in the body (both human and dogs). CBD activates a specific neurotransmitter that reduces the sensation of nausea. CBD also boosts serotonin which reduces the sensation of nausea even more.
- CBD can help with arthritis. CBD has been shown especially effective at relieving arthritis pain in dogs that do not respond well to traditional prescriptions. CBD is also helpful for pets who are unable to take prescription medications because of the stress prescribed pain relievers put on a dog’s heart.
- CBD can reduce inflammation. Inflammation is a general response to a threat to your or your dog’s health. Our body activates our immune system to try to fight off whatever is causing the inflammation. Things like poor diet, stress, smog and even many foods can cause inflammation. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) for humans like aspirin and ibuprofen are the most common treatment for inflammation and can cause a range of side-effects such as vomiting, nausea, constipation, rash and more. Dog-specific NSAIDs such as Rimadyl, Previcox and Metcam must be used carefully with dogs to ensure the dogs do not ingest toxic amounts of the medication. CBD can help reduce inflammation without the negative side-effects of traditional anti-inflammation medications.
- CBD can help with immune support. Immune system deficiencies can be a significant problem for pets negatively impacting their day-to-day lives. Because CBD works with the body’s own systems naturally, it can useful for many symptoms without concern about other negative side effects.
- CBD can protect the nervous system. CBD has been shown to protect brain cells from toxicity in dogs that suffer from degenerative myelopathy and other spine and nerve-related conditions. In older dogs, CBD can help protect the brain from free radicals and toxins.
- CBD can reduce anxiety. Studies on CBD have shown positive effects on stress and anxiety. Dogs that suffer from separation anxiety, fear of loud noises or stressful interactions with other dogs or people can benefit from CBD. CBD can also help relieve stress and anxiety for airline travel with dogs.
- CBD can impact cardiovascular health. Recent studies have shown that CBD can reduce the impact from damaged blood vessels and irregular heart rates, dilate arteries and lower heart rate associated with anxiety or stress.
- CBD can help with digestion. Studies have shown that CBD can help prevent colitis and help control intestinal inflammation in the digestive tract.
- CBD is not psychoactive. Because CBD is not psychoactive, your dog will not get high. CBD is derived from whole-plant hemp, not marijuana. THC is the compound that gives marijuana its psychoactive properties.
Sign-up with your email address to receive MaxDaddy news and product updates along with notification of special discounts on MaxDaddy products offered at various times during the year.